[SONG REVIEW] DAY6 + NU'EST

DAY6 releases a new chapter in the Book Of Us series with "You Make Me" and NU'EST return with their second full length album alongside their comeback song "Inside Out."

Ah DAY6 it has been a while since I saw all five of you together.  Once again throwing me into the pool of their emotion-driven rock beats that sings to my soul, the music video for DAY6's You Make Me has had many MyDay speculating on what happened to the guy and which scenes were real or perhaps from the afterlife or whether he did die and came back to life when he was pulled back into the world.  There are lot of interesting theories popping up in the comments section of the MV (this one in particular is noteworthy).  You Make Me is definitely one for your romantic road trips with your other half.


NU'EST's Inside Out is about lovesickness and not being able to function without the person you like unless they're with you.  Love the choreography and cinematography of Inside Out's MV, always liked the backing dancers.  Everyone is looking incredibly cool (yes I did see Baekho's lack of shirt now and then!).

I did jump when the song immediately started with Minhyun's "You're The One That I want eh eh eh" as I expected a small intro at the beginning but once I got over that moment, I really enjoyed the beat throughout the song. Very chilled and not too fast-paced.  It's digestible and I'd put this as background music while doing work.  The chorus is undoubtedly catchy and it had been in my head since I first watched the video yesterday morning.  Excited about the rest of the album so will listen to it later on to see how the other songs sound.