[SPECIAL EVENT] Global Video Call with KNK via MyMusicTaste - 28 October 2020

KNK have been busy with their Airline promotions since September and have held a few online fansigns/video call events for lucky Tinkerbells through different companies.

MyMusicTaste organised a second KNK video call event in October which I decided to try since I was unsuccessful at the Musicplant fansign purchase. 

Somehow I managed to get a place on the second MMT video call event and considering it was scheduled to take place on Seoham's birthday this was a bonus.  The endless reminders on Twitter and SMS alerts persuaded me to bulk buy a little more than usual since my previous fansign purchases for other artists did not go anywhere and I wasn't sure if I would ever get the chance at an online video call (fansign events in person were definitely not going to happen to me unless I really trekked to Korea or anywhere else in Asia).

MyMusicTaste emailed a few days before the event to remind fans to fill in a form with personal details such as which app to use for the call, how we wanted the signed album to be addressed and where we were based.  Nothing about which pages we wanted signed. 

I had to do the video call elsewhere as I needed to vacate my home due to building works that time and ended up sitting in a local cafe.  Not something I expected myself to do but am grateful I was able to get a seat and it was quiet enough in the morning hours.  MyMusicTaste used KakaoTalk to message and call me as that was my choice over Skype or WeChat.  To begin with I was using the cafe wifi but had to change to mobile data as the connection was not good over on MMT's end. 

I was no 23 and after adding MMT on KKT, which I had not used in a long time, I waited to get the video call just after 9am.  Heejun was first but apparently I had an issue with my connection because the camera froze.  I had to switch to data and they rang me back five minutes later.  Because of the delay I eventually had to move onto the next member and it went smoothly after that.  The video call was 8 mins in total.  I imagine if the connection was smoother it would be 10 minutes altogether.

I can't remember everything that happened and the fact I was in public made it difficult for my brain to function properly after two rounds of mint tea and the fact there was one other customer sitting nearby who could hear me even if I had been speaking quietly with the headphones on.

Heejun was distracted (he is hot/cold - I was aware of this) and eating Haitai French pie which I happen to like too.  Anyway since the connection issue started here we had to cut the conversation short.  He said he was happy when I asked how he was then waved back to me, probably lost patience when the connection died.

Dongwon - my second bias delivered.  I told him about London, he misses London and I showed him the group photo we took from last year's concert (actually I showed everyone).  He claims he remembers.  I told him it was morning for me so I'm a bit tired.  He checked his watch and said wow it's 9AM.  You woke up early you're so sweet he says and that he hopes he can come back to London.  

Jihun - fellow introvert.  A bit chattier than we last met.  Showed him the group photo and then he says oh you're from London which part of London.  He wanted to know specific parts and I thought Jihun I can't go into details on a time limit so I had to make it easier for the interpreter so I just said oh there is North LDN, South LDN, West LDN and that I don't live in Central LDN.  He found it hilarious.

Seoham - the birthday boy and my main bias.  He seemed a bit tired.  I told him his vlog was good and he was like oh it isn't that good but then we hit time limit and had to move on.  I told him I missed KNK and that I'll see them in concert after Corona goes away.  He threw kisses and finger hearts like he always does.

Inseong - last one.  He said hi I'm Inseong.  Also said I'll see you back in concert once the pandemic is over.   He's bubbly this time.  The previous time we met you weren't that enthusiastic and just signed my photo before whisking me off. It's interesting how people act differently when you're on video versus in person.

This was my first ever video call and actual fansign where I splashed out on bulk buying to try to get a space.  I think MMT didn't care how many you bought this time since it was the group's last "global" fansign for this comeback.  Generally though it really is down to your luck.  You could get in with a small amount but even if you bought over 200 you still may not be able to get in.  I imagine it would apply to the more popular artists. 

MyMusicTaste shipped the albums a few weeks after the event using DHL.  The signed copy was labelled individually with my name so I knew that would be for myself.  I assumed only the cover would be signed however only when I opened the photobook and saw the pages signed by KNK.   There was no opportunity to submit questions like fans normally did in fansigns and choose which pages they wanted to signed so the group just picked whichever page they liked and signed away.  

There are two versions of Airline - ON and OFF.  My signed copy was of the ON version.  The size of the album is rather slim and I rather liked the goodies that came inside the album slip.  There's a sticker, passport sticker of a member, lyrics booklet that was designed like a Korean passport, the usual photocards that come with Kpop albums, a folded poster plus a boarding pass.



Some of the content in the album.  MyMusicTaste added extra photocards and also a postcard as part of the Global Video Call Event/Global Online Fansign however they accidentally put the date as 28 November rather than 28 October.