[MUSIC REVIEW] DAY6 - Zombie + dance cover bonus from Stray Kids

Recently JYPE posted an announcement about DAY6 delaying their promotional activities so the band could recover from their psychological anxiety however the music video and the next chapter of the The Book Of Us was released today (a day before my birthday!!). Wishing all five members the best and hope they get all the rest they need.



DAY6's Zombie MV focuses on a man who is going through a normal day but understandably and unsurprisingly he feels like a zombie over the days/years. As the lyrics clearly point out, the days are endless and you feel empty. The minute I saw those lyrics I simply gasped. Why does this hit home so hard? You get up to go to work or class, freshen up but still look and feel like nothing. You do your job or your 9-5 hours and then head back home to catch some sleep.

There are a few angsty songs of DAY6 which can clutch me quite deeply. I Need Somebody and I Smile to name examples (still bitter I missed out on Colours when the band returned to London last January!!). Zombie almost hits those same kind of feelings but the lyrics hit the realism when it comes to daily life. In all fairness I have been feeling like a zombie since day one. Even going to a job you don't particularly fancy or is not in your field at all yet you have to get income to support yourself or your family where possible no matter the pressure that it turns you into a zombie or just zaps your feelings out.

I'm halfway through this mini album as I type and already I'm feeling this music is going to send me to places and make me emo in the biggest way, whether it's headbanging worthy or not. Love Me Or Leave Me well now come through, come through. Check out the Zombie MV below.



Moving onto another JYPE family member:-

Stray Kids' Hyunjin presented a dance routine to Billie Eilish's song "When The Party's Over" and it is stunning. Billie Eilish's music seems to be a very popular choice for contemporary dance routines. After seeing Ten and Winwin's Lovely dance routine, I thought I couldn't gush any further with anything else. Hyunjin is breathtaking in his self-choreographed routine to When The Party's Over.