[SONG REVIEW] Take Off - WayV

WayV release their first mini album and a new title track.



Take Off delivers a hard-hitting dance track that does what the title says - take off. There are planes, there is flight, there is also a lot of great dancing in various scenes. I am sold. Ten's charisma when he dances is no joke. He could be my bias but it may change once I start to get to know the group and the rest of NCT.

The guitar break in the middle of Tae Off indeed reminds me of EXO's debut song MAMA (OT12 heart does creep in now and then). I didn't pick this up right away until an NCTzen mentioned it in communities. Off to listen to the rest of the songs on Spotify now.

Here's the MV:-



The performance video doesn't have much alteration but there is more focus on the choreography. I imagine the dance practice will follow later.

Comments