[SONG REVIEW] Instagram - I.M

Im Changkyun released a cover not too long after his birthday. Happy belated birthday wishes I.M.



Here is the original version by Dean.

This is such a chilled track. I love how the lyrics are incredibly true for many. It's not just applicable to Instagram users but even the addiction of any other social media site. Instagram is about having many followers and/or friends, having lots of updates on your account and seeing other pictures on your feed...yet still feeling lonely. The hidden messages behind your updates - completely understandable. It reminds me of the Kpop idols I used to follow on Instagram who would be in emo, angsty mode and just upload many quotes describing how frustrated they felt.

Dean's MV is very Instagram video-friendly. It's artsy for sure. The sudden pause and English monologue on loneliness caught me off guard to great effect. I.M's cover is fantastic. I knew he had some singing potential and this is proof. His voice is such a nice vocal colour. I wish this cover was longer or that he will at least sing a little more in the next MONSTA X album.



Comments