[SONG REVIEW] O Sole Mio - SF9

The teaser fed my curiosity with the Spanish guitar riff and I had an idea on what to expect. I'm ashamed to no end. So how was this latest song by SF9 anyway?





O Sole Mio is Italian for My Sun/My Sunshine. Truthfully when I think of this sentence, I'm thinking of the classic Aria that inspired the old Cornetto adverts. In SF9's case it's about the guys who are all the guardians of this bright, incredible, spectacular sun.

The sun is very significant and the MV's locations make sure the emphasis of the bright sun shows itself well. Say what you will on the awkward mix of languages (O Sole Mio being Italian, Te Quiero being Spanish for a milder way of saying I love you etc alongside the use of English next to the native Korean verses) but the choreography to the Latin pop beat is inevitably funky and I can imagine the live stages being electrifying as a result. I do like the dance solo by one of the members. He moved so smoothly.

Here's the dance practice for O Sole Mio



Enjoy a comeback stage performance


Comments