[FOOD REVIEW] Honey Butter Chips

I finally got my hands on this hot snack in Korea - 허니버터칩 aka Honey Butter Chips. It wasn't easy as they're so popular, it was hard to grab a hold of them right away from a supermarket. Thankfully HMart in New Malden restocked and had a few remaining recently.



Back in the beginning of the year they were only available as a prize if you spent £20 or over at HMart. I didn't win even when I put my details down on a coupon and put it in a raffle box. Fast forward to summer time HMart announced they were going to sell them on the shelf for customers at last.

Again they seemed to vanish quickly and the stock was running low because of high demand so I decided to message HMart on the their facebook page and ask if it was possible to reserve two packs when more stock came in. I was able to secure two packs on the day I messaged them and took the hour long journey to collect them.

So how do they taste? Did they live up to the craze? I definitely think it's a Marmite thing. You either like it or hate it. As a snack geek who holds a weakness for crisps and the odd sugary delight, Honey Butter Chips had to be tasted for the sake of ticking my so-called bucket list of snacks to try.

The packet looks like this. It cost me £3.99 per pack (yes it's imported so what do you expect?) and as soon as I opened it the smell immediately flew out. I think the best way to describe the smell is that it starts off a bit like honey and then moves into butter territory. The butter smell is really strong.


How the crisps look inside. After tasting the crisps themselves, I definitely think the butter taste and smell wins. The weird smell may put you off because it is strong but see how your endurance is as you try to finish the pack off.


Is it worth it? You might think oh it is just a pack of crisps. Nothing spectacular but if you're the least bit curious, happen to be snack foodie individual and don't mind splashing a bit of money to see what the hype is, try the Honey Butter Chips once.

Comments