[ROUNDUP] ENHYPEN

Managed to watch ENHYPEN's two concerts in Seoul that kicks off their Fate Tour and the boy group bless ENGENEs with new songs shortly after.  

ENHYPEN return to Korea a day after their appearance at KpopLux in Madrid to present the first two concerts on their second world tour.  KpopLux's livestream camera work was questionable from start to finish with the zooming out at the worse times or focusing the camera on other people instead of the artist.  But this did not stop the artists in the lineup from having a good time and giving the local and other international fans an entertaining show.  It was also the first time Bite Me was performed on foreign soil (especially Europe).

Fate in Seoul was an absolute joy to watch though and I had purchased the two day pass to see how the different cam angles/member fancams would look.  I loved the unit stages where the group split into two with Jungwon, Ni-ki and Heeseung performing Just A Little Bit whilst Jay, Jake, Sunghoon and Sunoo blessed ENGENE with an acoustic version of TFW and sat on the benches.  

Polaroid Love and 10 Months had the group coming closer to the ENGENE sitting on the higher seats.  I don't know whether they will be able to pull this off in the other venues but if so, those fans are going to be lucky and make many envious.  

The setlist was satisfying and well laid out to cover at least three hours of concert content. The members said there were some mistakes in each show but they were minor and constantly wanted to better themselves.  I have nothing to add other than they work hard and always strive to improve (I guess that is something I should do at this age). 

As performers, this group have constantly improved over time since I-LAND and always in sync.  I only just officially became a fan last May thanks to the Dark Blood album before I went on an I-LAND binge to understand their journey.

I say this for nearly every idol and since the ones I'm into lately are much younger than me but I wish I had them as role models during my youth.  I don't think the younger Milennials and Gen Z fanbase realise how lucky they are.  


Official Bite Me performance fancam from Fate In Seoul



Criminal Love is a new song on the Dark Moon Blood Altar OST and the group debuted this song during their concerts.  Perfectly captures the theme of their concept, especially the seductive side.

Hearing Ni-ki use more of his lower notes and rapping was impressive and I didn't expect him or Heeseung to capture me like that.  Even the eldest member did a bit of rapping after Ni-ki finished his part.


On the flip side, the group presented a Jpop ballad titled "Blossom." My heart is beating over this touching song.  I do wonder if this song is dedicated to the fanbase.