[ROUNDUP] GOT7, SEVENTEEN plus Raya and The Last Dragon

Hello readers.  Sorry I have not been updating as much.  Current job is taking up a lot of my time (still regretting over the fact I sacrificed not going to see ATEEZ in April prior to the early Bank Holiday Monday).

Well I have managed to remember about certain comebacks, namely SEVENTEEN and GOT7.

GOT7 return with a rather light track that has surprisingly calmed me down during a time of stress.  The chorus is catchy with the nanana.  The vocalists sound great and the rappers are rap-singing.  Seeing the members come back together to create a new album was not something I would expect but it certainly made me warm inside and rather proud.  The rest of the album is quite a treat and carries the same kind of light, happy feeling in each track.  



SEVENTEEN are back with a new mini album and their title track "HOT".  As the name suggests, they do look hot in the video (Xu Minghao/The8 is not messing around here).  

It's just a shame the song is not my favourite with the heavy use of autotune and the music style is putting me on the fence on whether it suits the group or not.  I think if you want to dance to it and strut your stuff then HOT definitely suits.

I've lost count how many times I watch the video, the fancams and their first comeback stages due to the point choreo.  It is hard to avoid repeating and the group's instagram and TikTok feeds don't help with the repeated viewings.  




As for films - I had just watched Raya and The Last Dragon finally and really enjoyed the adventure Raya was experiencing.  There was no romance, no obvious good versus evil...just a lot of misguided people who want to do what is right.  I think we all want Kumandra at this point, especially with what has been happening in the world lately.  I enjoyed the representation the film offered and it celebrates the Vietnamese culture very nicely in scenes.  It's a nice nod to South East Asia.    

The voice actors are mainly from South East Asians and East Asians so that's always a plus.  I went into this film rather blindly without looking at the cast apart from acknowledging Kelly Marie Tran as the main heroine since I wanted to surprise myself - which I did in the end because some of the voices weren't as distinguishable.  

Trailer can be seen below:-