[SONG ROUNDUP] Way V Kun & Xiaojun + SEVENTEEN

There's a new WayV unit featuring Kun and Xiaojun and Seventeen release a new mini album with title track "Ready To Love."


Vocalists Xiaojun and Kun get to shine in their debut subunit song "Back To You".  Sure the song sound very typical Mandopop ballad but it is perfect for these two idols because they are given an opportunity to show off much of their vocal skill.  I always knew they had amazing vocals but hearing them pour so much emotions in this break-up track really hits you deeply. 

The music video is nothing too dramatic.  It has the two guys cycling in a forest and going for a walk across the seaside.  The scenery is simple but it works well.




The guys also performed the English version of Back To You on their comeback stages.   Which one do you prefer? Have a listen.




Another group that has been on my little radar over the months is SEVENTEEN (I am slow indeed, yes have said this a few times for many other artists) and I eventually caved in after watching a sketch of fun acting from a concert where most of the group pretended to be school students and DK was the English teacher.  

I have somehow found myself repeatedly watching a few live performances of their latest single Ready To Love.  I think there is something about the chorus which brings me back to the song.   The music video definitely had a lot of visuals to look at and while I can appreciate the 'dancing in the rain' scene, it was sometimes hard to work out who was who when a few members were blocked by the water. 

I'm not quite a Carat yet but I am getting there slowly as I trek through the group's gigantic discography.  Am I ready to love Seventeen and run away with them? Perhaps very soon.



Dance Practice video


Comeback stage on Music Bank 


I haven't listened to the rest of the mini album yet but I just chanced on the live performance of Anyone while on Youtube and I really enjoyed it.