[SONG REVIEW] The Boyz - Breaking Dawn

With their upcoming debut Japanese album coming next month, The Boyz release a new single.

The Boyz release "Breaking Dawn" after teasing Deobi on their SNS with short clips and promotional photos.

I originally thought this would be a full Japanese track from start to finish but it was only till I watched the MV and paid more attention to the audio that I realised that almost 90% of the lyrics were Korean and the remaining 10% in Japanese.  

The song is about breaking free into the light from the darkness - well I approve of this idea because I need that determination too.  Breaking Dawn felt like something they would definitely perform at Kingdom or a concert.  It had the dramatic stage performance feel and even with the chorus' pace reminding me of The Stealer a bit I eventually warmed up to the song overall.  Vocals and choreography on point indeed.  I was also rather distracted by Lee Juyeon each time the camera zoomed on his face whenever he was in the centre!!    

Curious to hear how the rest of the album will sound in Japanese.  Roll on March.