[ROUNDUP] ATEEZ covering It's Raining on Immortal Songs and Web Drama Dating Class / Necessary Dating Education (2019)

ATEEZ slay on Immortal Songs with a cover of Bi/Rain's It's Raining and I watched another web drama recently (Park Seoham actor mode!)

ATEEZ gained another win on Immortal Songs where a recent episode was dedicated to veteran soloist Rain.  The 4th gen boy group covered It's Raining which is one of my absolute Kpop favourite songs in general.  It's been a bit fresh in my mind since I had just finished Road To Kingdom where ONF put their own spin on it which I also enjoyed.

The heavy breathing that is very iconic in the song still remains but the rest of the performance has a very different spin and it works rather well.  ATEEZ show once again why their performances are electrifying.  Mingi is still on hiatus and we hope he feels better soon.

I will catch up on the other stages in this specific episode to see what the other artists performed.  


Having recently finished One Fine Week/7 Days Of Romance I went back to watching Dating Class / Necessary Dating Education.  I made the mistake of watching the first few episodes while binging on another web drama and nearly confused myself.  Dating Class was on my to watch list and seeing Park Seoham as Eden reminded me that I should watch his other projects.  I know he has more.

So Dating Class - what is the verdict? The premise is simple where as the title suggests, we follow young students who take a course in dating.  There are a lot of characters to focus on but they all have their own histories and reasons for taking this course which makes you understand why some of these students were the way they were no matter how irritating they seem with their actions.  It gets more interesting as you watch further and learn more about the main characters. I mean even with a bubbly girl like Eunsol who is a typical cheerful character that always smiles yes she's hiding something like how cold, expressionless people do.

I would probably be too anxious to take this kind of course (honestly I could never be patient enough to stay alert in classes anyway) but it is still fascinating to see what is being taught.  I like the Professor and he too also has a history.  

Spoiler alert - I liked the subtle focus on Taejin in the much later episodes.  I had a sneaking suspicion he was perhaps in the closet from the way he just didn't have much interest in the female peers.  It was just in the back of my mind as I watched him though I left it alone and thought very little of it until his flashbacks came up.  Sure to begin with, you could argue oh he is just an icy prince who probably did fancy one of the girls but was too intimidating.  His father caught his gesture at the wrong time and naturally since he didn't expect such a thing from his own son he didn't know how to react.  Not all gayasians get it easy.

I almost consider Jiyoung the MVP because while she was incredibly naive and perhaps yearning for love from her then boyfriend Junhyeok who told them they should have a break, she became stronger and stood up to him when he dared to reappear in her life, just as she was growing fond of  the nerdy but caring Yun-Su (Park Seoham).  

The web drama does not immediately have everyone pair up into couples which would be very predictable and cliche.  Some characters don't end up with another person and just find happiness elsewhere because that is what really matters right?