Songs on repeat during 2020

Songs that got me through 2020 plus a cover to kick off 2021 in style.

Inception, Precious, Answer - ATEEZ: This group have been working quite a lot in 2020 that I can't keep up easily.  Tracking down a favourite ATEEZ track is hard which was why I had to bring it down to these three tracks.  But Inception makes a great introduction to their new series.  Perhaps a dip into the beauty of youth.

Reveal - The Boyz:  As much as The Stealer grew on me over time, Reveal was just a tad bit more memorable first.  A more mature sound from Creker Entertainment's boy group which perhaps made me a Deobi over time.

Ride - KNK: 220 Entertainment have been giving Keunakeun a lot of activities in 2020 and when their recent comeback for their mini album Airline came about, they brought us a new concept as pilots.  While it is no Sunset (still one of my top favourite songs by KNK), Ride gives us cool choreography and a fun song to chill out to in Autumn.

Mmmh - KAI: I have no words other than OMG Kim Jongin you are art.  MV link .  His voice isn't that bad as well.  It's great to see him freely show what he has to offer as a dancer and also as a singer.

Turn Back Time - WayV: SME knows how to lure me back slowly with another group of young ethnic Chinese male idols that make me miss China Line/EXO M back in the day.  Alongside Love Talk, I am fond of Turn Back Time. 

Black Swan - Bangtan Boys: While many are hyped with ON, Life Goes On or Dynamite (used so much in adverts over here I still can't believe it!!) to good reason, my heart holds onto Black Swan.  When I want aesthetics, graceful boys I will turn to Black Swan.

Fantasia - MONSTA X: The first song as a sextet but certainly a fitting party track.  They really know how to make Monbebe get up and just dance.

Kick It - NCT 127: Introduced me to some new thangs alright.  I liked the Bruce Lee/HK martial arts theme and that oh so catchy chorus.  It would not leave my head for so many weeks.

Zombie - DAY6: Perfect birthday present and perfect song to summarise a normal day of working.  Even with a pandemic, it describes how we are all slowly turning into a zombie if we are not careful.

I'm In Trouble - NU'EST: Possibly where I officially turned into a fan.  Funky track by NU'EST who deserve a ton of support for their hard work.  Pledis needs to treat them better for sure.

Nostalgic Night - VICTON: While technically not released in 2020 and was a hit in 2019, this song kept popping up on my Kpop playlist via Spotify.  It's one of those Kpop tracks that knows how to reach my heart.

Back Door + God's Menu - Stray Kids: When I first heard these two songs I was baffled by the noise and craziness.  But over time I was really getting into the music.  Back Door has that theatre, musical feel and God's Menu is so wild I can't stop listening to it, as well as Felix's very deep monologue.

Moving on...

Here is a cover to wake me up to January 2021.  ATEEZ's leader Hongjoong covering Linkin' Park's Numb.  His own arrangement featuring Korean lyrics along with a punk look and plenty of guyliner well I most certainly approve.  

I certainly hope for more rock or even metal covers at some point by any idol.  Very odd dream talk there.