[SONG REVIEW] JBJ95 + MONSTA X

JBJ95 release a new single Jasmin and MONSTA X are back with Love Killa to promote their third full-length album.

I had been tiptoeing JBJ and JBJ95's discography after watching Produce 101 season 2 at snail pace.  The music video is mostly set in a bar with Kenta and Sanggyun dressed dapper (enjoying their hair colours here - matches the album concept where there's ruby and emerald.  Found out from Pops In Seoul interview) and talks about how a person is captivating like the jasmin scent.  I'm so used to Sanggyun rapping more as opposed to singing so this was definitely a surprise.   Jasmin is a funky song and something to add to my ongoing 2020 playlist.   




Check out the Halloween dance practice below (the little BTS/behind the scenes snippet at the end of the video is a good laugh).



MONSTA X just released Fatal Love, their third full-length album and the title track is Love Killa.  The teaser photos attacked Monbebe (Changkyun I'm looking at you) and then the day the MV dropped we're seeing dapper MONSTA X in either red or black suits.  There are also scenes where the members are inspired by popular films and characters.  Jooheon in particular is reminding me of Joker.

First impression of Love Killa is that it doesn't sound typically MONSTA X and perhaps they're trying to aim for something different.  I still need to find my feelings for the song itself and it will probably be an eventual grower.  Jooheon's line where he says, "Sorry did I make you anxious?" I just thought well yes Jooheon I'm always anxious anyway.  I.M/Changkyun's endless lines in English are certainly something to make note of.  Encouraging us to eat him like a main dish, well if you're styled like that of course you look like a full course meal.

Enjoyed the choreography and it appears Hyungwon is getting a bit more time in the centre and given more lines bit by bit alongside Minhyuk.  Halfway through the album at the moment and I rather like Guess Who when it gets to the chorus featuring Minhyuk and Kihyun.