[SONG REVIEW] Dynamite - Bangtan Boys/BTS

BTS released a new digital single called Dynamite and I am certainly out of touch as I did not expect it to be completely in English.  That was certainly a surprise.  There's some disco beats here and there and going by the style of the MV, it is almost a part 2 Boy With Love.  The English pronunciation is very good and yes some of the lyrics are corny I know.

While the visuals are nice (everyone certainly looks good, even Taehyung's green suit was eye-catching) I just wish the auto-tuning would disappear on their songs.  They always seem to do injustice to the vocal line and there was barely any rap.  Even Seokjin barely had any lines in this song.  Sure he may be going to enlist in the army soon but it is a bit of a shame he is shafted like that.

The genre feels very Westernised pop and makes me wonder if Big Hit is pandering to the West to make the group more appealing, hence the English-language release and presenting a stereotypical boy group pop style because apparently that is how it is (well that's a lie - past and present artists I liked from the West weren't of a bubblegum pop type).   Honestly I wish a lot of companies would not go down that route (I've mentioned this in previous posts mind you) and realise their artists don't really need to do this since a large portion of their fans are satisfied with their native language.

I will say though, Dynamite did what it was set out to do and that was make me smile a bit in my current state of frustration.     Curious to hear the acoustic remix.  Will it make the song sound better? I may wait till its release and update this post.