[MUSIC ROUNDUP] Lady Gaga + Blackpink and WayV

After collaborating with the likes of Dua Lipa, Blackpink teams up with another popular female soloist.

Also WayV drop their new music video and their first full length album digitally.



Sour Candy is featured on Lady Gaga's latest album Chromatica and it's definitely a club banger like a lot of Gaga's tracks. Indeed something for the LGBTQ fanbase. Describing yourself as a bit hard to get on the outside, rather crazy but able to show some love when the other person gets to know you. My initial thought on first listening was not very positive to be honest. I found the voices from both Lady Gaga and Blackpink did not mesh very well. Then after a few days I started to re-listen a few times and somehow the song grew on me. It became an earworm and I found myself singing along unintentionally. It's nice that Blackpink was able to even sing in Korean as well. If you are both a hardcore Little Monster and a Blink this is a treat.



WayV's Turn Back Time is the title track from the Chinese NCT unit's first full length album "Awaken The World" and I have to agree with a lot of fans that this is another (NCT) noise type of song. It's not terrible but like the MV, it definitely goes crazy with the futuristic cinematography that I have to breathe and pause while watching (it also doesn't help that the visuals are rather pleasing).

The chorus is certainly catchy as most Kpop songs are. The guitar breaks that I am often a sucker for seems to be popping up on many SMTOWN songs. Turn Back Time is about ambition and getting bigger while also acknowledging past regrets and mistakes then working on them.

Oh SM why do you lure me with another Chinese unit? I can only wish them the best of luck.