[FOOD REVIEW] Samyang Hot Chicken Flavour Dumplings

After seeing a few clips on Youtube where people were trying them out, I felt a little inspired to give it a shot too. Luckily a family member had managed to buy a pack in advance as there was a sale and they wanted to eat dumplings at some point.

A while ago, I certainly tried the fire noodles and failed to finish (people really enjoy being shady about my poor strength at spicy food but honestly it does depend and it's rather disrespectful if you judge me for how I eat. I also care for my stomach thanks).

Anyway the dumplings...we had fried them in a pan and upon first bite it was not as spicy. Only after eating a few more did I feel the hotness kick in. It's not as spicy as the fire noodles themselves but the dumplings almost hits the same level. You can still eat them and survive. I would say like with most spicy food, you have to take it in bitesize chunks. Unless you desperate to show off.

I realise if you dip it in congee or even a ramen soup the texture is soft and easier to eat or if you eat with lettuce on the side like I did in the photo below, it is soothing. You can also calm your burning throat with a bottle of beer and it goes very well. You don't even need to dip the dumplings in any chilli oil because it's already spicy.