[MUSIC ROUNDUP] Agust D + NU'EST + Stray Kids!Seungmin

NU'EST's recent single I'm In Trouble is smooth as hell and Yoongi as Agust D has returned. Seungmin from Stray Kids blesses us all with another cover, this time of DAY6.



NU'EST is another group I have secretly kept on my radar for some time (guilty pleasure song by them is Introduce Me To Your Noona!) and they often pop up on my shuffled Spotify playlist. Their latest single "I'm In Trouble" is smooth, sexiness in terms of music and also video-wise. Visuals are amazing. I love the simple hand gestures and face touching in the choreography. They really are an underrated group.



Check out the performance version of I'm In Trouble and the dance practice



I'm In Trouble dance practice



Daechwhita - Agust D

Just the day before I saw Big Hit update their SNS about Agust D returning...but boy did I not realise it would be so sudden. The MV for Daechwita just dropped in a heartbeat and it seemingly premiered right when I started my workout for the morning. What timing and what a way to increase the hype feeling. So what to say about Agust D? I love it so much when Yoongi just spits fire and does not hold back. That little cameo by Seokjin and Jungkook though. I didn't pick that up initially until I rewatched it (where Yoongi bumps into a passerby aka Seokjin and the latter turns around and gasps. I knew I recognised those eyes somewhere) .

The diss is savage and I'm here for him taking out the critics or supposed wannabes. Daechwita is actually a genre of traditional Korean music [Wiki page] and it plays throughout the song and video which blends with the fierce rapping. The MV opens with Yoongi/Agust D sitting on the throne, not looking to mess around and wow does he go off. The swagger he carries as a supposed King and artist. He is a boss for sure. I've sat through the mixtape and enjoyed it immensely. The last track which features Nell's vocalist is very relaxing and chilled. But what's even more cool is how Agust D fuses the traditional music you may hear in Korean period dramas along with the modern times.



You Were Beautiful (cover) - Seungmin

Stray Kids' Seungmin has been feeding this week's DAY6 binge. Not long after DAY6 released Zombie in English and Korean along with their new album, Seungmin covers "You Are Beautiful" which he justified splendidly. I also enjoyed his cover of Gaho's Start which is from Itaewon Class.