Songs which made my year 2019

Digging deep into my music collection to think of songs which really, really got to me and ended up on repeat. This Year Of The Pig (which is my year) didn't help me much as most years don't. Such is life. However there was music to help me keep going.



Yes I do enjoy Bangtan's music as many dedicated ARMY do and from their last album Map Of The Soul: Persona, the tracks which caught my eye the most were Mikrokosmos and Dionysus. Yes both very different from one another but I enjoy them for different reasons. If I want to rock out and headbang I got Dionysus to help me out.

From ATEEZ it would have to be Say My Name and Hala Hala. The fiercest introduction to a new group for me and it hasn't gone away. They are gaining popularity bit by bit and I hope their next world tour will be just as epic. This dance medley of their hits is certainly hyping me up for their comeback but also their return to London.

Unsurprisingly all the VIP tickets flew out the window during presales. I am a little bitter I came very close to getting a very good VIP ticket but the site refreshed and it vanished from my basket on AXS' website. I loved their cover of Boy With Luv. Their inner Bangtan fanboy/ARMY shows so nicely.



Over on MONSTA X indeed Alligator was a catchy song but Follow won me over a little bit more. Find You was the other song which resonated to me the most and the fact it fits the sad moment when Starship Entertainment announced Wonho's departure from the group. You can see the other six members' expressions from the early music stages of Find You. They are trying very hard to keep going. I imagine they are incredibly exhausted having gone non-stop like most idols do even with one member down so I hope they manage to get enough rest before their next comeback.

Admittedly, I haven't been as active listening to GOT7 but their sub unit Jus2 featuring JB and Yugyeom was great. Focus On Me is just dreamy, mellow music. Yep, still think it would work as background music in a shop like H&M. Fast forward to November and You Calling My Name by GOT7 came out. I never thought I'd hear mature GOT7 again. It's been a while since I heard that kind of style. If You Do is still ranked as one of my top favourite GOT7 tracks.

Another JYPE act in the form of DAY6. I saw these guys in January 2019 and with a very crowded O2 Kentish Town Forum. Definitely 'Sweet Chaos' there and yes that was my highlight song from this band. They are set to return to London next month so any MyDay who are going I hope you enjoy.

A group which lifted my spirits up in the summer was KNK. I enjoyed Lonely Night which introduced us to new member Dongwon in the early month of 2019 however Sunset was unbelievable. The little vogueing in the choreography and the underground club beats...it's a definite yes from me.

Another quick mention I forgot to add in previous posts is Stray Kids. Yes I know, I need to not fall into the trap of 'stanning' another group by accident. However Stray Kids popped up on a few of my Kpop playlists when I put the shuffle on while doing other work and Levanter appeared a few times. It's quite uplifting and it's one of those rare songs which I secretly put on my personal 'to reflect / contemplate about my life' playlist.