[FILM REVIEW] BTS Love Yourself In Seoul concert film


photo source

Firstly, Happy Lunar New Year to those who celebrate.

During a busy weekend with Chinatown's festivities in progress I visited the cinema to catch an encore screening of Love Yourself In Seoul concert.



I didn't attend the first screenings as that was a day after seeing DAY6 in concert and I was too tired but with the announcement of encore screenings I decided in the last minute to go see this, feed my ARMY heart and immerse myself.

This was the very first time I had watched a BTS concert after endlessly tuning into live streams and watching a Love Yourself tour concert on a huge screen was a delight and perfect antidote for not being able to get tickets to the group's London concerts. It truly felt you were there in the crowd embracing the huge outdoor stadium venue.

The camera work was great, no nonsense zoom ups or zooming away that may be spotted on Music Shows or Music Awards where even the best part of a performance is lost. The styling and all-round performances from all members was fantastic. The layout for the OT7 performances and solo stages were perfect. Everyone managed to shine in equal measure. I had never felt so proud of these seven boys that I had shed a few tears in some performances because I was rather taken back with how emotionally suppressed I was that day. I had sensed I would break down a little over Seokjin's Epiphany stage. Those tears would not stop.

I was crying, swooning, cheering, quietly doing fan chants, bopping to the music and throwing my fist in the air because of how motivated I became while watching the concert. Everything about this concert film was so good. Oddly enough the screening did not include a lot of popular songs in the original setlist. Perhaps they were cut out because it was unsuitable for viewing...?! Who knows? But despite that, the entire concert did not feel as choppy after taking out the in-between chats which are normally included. The setlist included popular favourites from the Love Yourself trilogy and medleys of songs from the HYYH era.

I don't know if I will ever see BTS in concert in real life but this Love Yourself In Seoul concert film will fill in the gaps for those who were unlucky like myself.

Comments