[MUSIC ROUNDUP] DAY6 JPN + KOR comebacks

DAY6 feeding the My Days with more epic tunes ahead of their world tour. They've come back with a new mini album and another Japanese single.





When DAY6 songs sound like Anime Openings and then they suddenly release epic tunes in Japanese it is almost like a wish coming true for many people who enjoy Anime. Maybe one day one of their songs will officially become an epic Anime OP or ED where appropriate. The video style of the band's second Japanese single Stop The Rain reminds me of I'll Wait and How Can I Say.

Moving onto DAY6's Korean comeback...

Their latest song is Shoot Me and wow did they shoot me in the heart once again. There is a definite pop-punk sound that many fans have pointed out and while it's not the main genre I would run straight to normally, when done effectively the song becomes an earworm. Shoot Me does exactly that - sticks in your head. It's about the pain from life that comes at you like bullets. You think it's all good, your chats with people seem okay but then it gets harsher suddenly. The 'bang, bang' 'bullet, bullet, bullet' and 'just shoot me, shoot me' lines keep on repeating and that guitar solo by Jae is epic. The rest of the album is enjoyable (Feeling Good wow what a bop) and I wonder whether this great sound will continue in part 2. Surprise the MYDAYs if you please, DAY6.

Check out the MV below.




Comments