[ALBUM REVIEW] Void - The Rose


The Rose keep on delivering. Their mini album consists of three new songs plus their previous singles.



Aside from Sorry and Like We Used To and instrumental tracks, The Rose release the official recordings of three new songs they exclusively performed on their recent tour. I have had to revisit these performances using fancams because while my experience at their London concert was surreal, there were moments I forgot I was actually there. This included the new songs. There was also the fact I tried my hardest to get a good view in an otherwise packed tiny venue and you're attempting to survive from start to finish.

Candy is a feel good alt-rock song, definitely reminds me of The 1975. I.L.Y (I Love You) is a slower rock ballad track. Really sweet. It was one of the songs I had trouble hearing at the concert because everyone was just over-excited and screaming over Woosung/Sammy. We then get to Baby which is their latest title track. Filmed in different locations, including Hong Kong (this may explain why they had secretly posted snippets of the airport and a few recognised HK international), Baby is another strong track by The Rose that knows how to hit you in the gut with the vocals and melody. It's about a relationship at the point of breaking down, there's no communication. It's almost over so no holding back.

Black Roses have been blessed with more great music from the band. I look forward to my physical copy of Void arriving in the post very soon.

The MV for Baby can be seen below. Enjoy the visuals, especially blond Woosung:-

Comments