[MUSIC ROUNDUP] DAY6, Bangtan Boys, MONSTA X, WANNA ONE

It's nearly over for 2017. I've been trying to catch up with some of the latest performances from my favourite artists where possible.



Better Better - DAY6



One of the newer songs on the Moonrise album. Almost anthem-sounding and perfect for an arena concert. It's about moving up/getting on their feet because of love from a special person. In the MV you see Wonpil and Dowoon are indoors whilst YoungK, Jae and Sungjin are performing outside in the cold weather (poor guys!).

They released another MV on New Year's Eve for I'll Try. This time everyone is indoors for this performance:-



DAY6 you have blessed MYDAYs with so many great tracks throughout 2017. Thank you so much once again and here's hoping to more epic tunes for next year.

BTS special live stage at 2017 KBS Song Festival



I still haven't watched any of the live concerts that have been released on DVD but this 20 something minute live stage is worth it, as were the other special stages for the other popular groups. Do check them out (TWICE, EXO, Wanna One and much, much more!). You can watch the individual songs in separate videos or watch the entire stage in one go. It's your choice. The songs in this stage are Spring Day (with a little dance break), DNA, Lost, Cypher part 4 and Not Today.

I love how there is text before the curtains draw back:- The magical time is coming. Come to the magic shop. Now, take off your mask and open your eyes. Well I'm enjoying this magical time for sure...unless this message is a hint for the next chapter in the Love Yourself series. I wouldn't know as a slowpoke.

I never, ever thought I'd hear a rock version of DNA. How did that even work? Tomorrow worked well with the extra rock vibe and it's sad I'll probably never get to see that song live with my own eyes and ears. At least the live streams some fans managed to broadcast during the Red Bullet tour made up for that. After seeing Yoshiki take a group photo with Bangtan when they were performing on a Japanese music show, this has only made me wish so much more for Bangtan to go further in the rock/metal direction, whether it is a remix of a song or just a brand new track for the new albums.

EDIT: Added a few MBC Music Festival stages

See this is why I can never binge from start to finish with these end of year award shows. I did it once and never again.

Here's Mic Drop (Steve Aoki remix) live and dorky meme-worthy song Gominboda Go (Go Go). Mic Drop fan chants were very loud and I was laughing so much over the random hearts popping up in Go Go. Throwing hearts right back at you, Bangtan.





Beautiful - WANNA ONE

I really do like choregraphy for this song. Daniel always in the centre - always gets my attention. In all honesty, I still need to get to know these guys. Check out their special stage at the KBS Song Festival as well.



Beautiful + DRAMARAMA - MONSTA X

Acoustic version of Beautiful includes instrumental work by young kids which is a really sweet touch. The performance after that is Dramarama stage where the guys move from one stage, gliding past some of the audience and then moving to the main stage to slay Monbebe hearts. /beautiful is a 2017 highlight song for me.



Shangri La - VIXX

One of many songs that has clung into my head for 2017. Stunning choreography for a stunning song. It has become one of my favourite VIXX tracks.

Comments