Favourite Kpop songs (+ 1 cpop song) and albums for 2016

Welcome 2017. Before you go off and begin your little hunt for glory or other weird things, let me have a trip down memory lane for 2016 music.

Favourite Kpop songs and albums from this year.



Albums which got my nod

* Daydream - DAY6 ~ after losing one member the boys soldier on with a second mini album and the pop rock continues to flourish. Letting Go and Blood are my favourite tracks. I can't wait to see what else these guys have in store for 2017

* The Clan pt 1 and 2 - MONSTA X ~ while I am still quite new to this group, I absolutely enjoyed both these mini albums for their most recent comeback. Rapper and Vocal Line do shine in the album and I hope they continue to distribute more equally for future works

* NOIR - B.A.P ~ I've always liked B.A.P going dark and serious with their music and their concept for this comeback is briliant. Every track has had me in awe

* Wings - Bangtan Sonyeondan ~ I feel like a Mother growing proud of her sons maturing. Bangtan gave me aristocratic fashion, angsty tunes but not diving away from their fun side

* Pentagon debut mini album followed by their second mini album Five Senses ~ if they keep this up and if CUBE Entertainment treats them well they may go far. Gorilla was addictive and their mini albums do not disappoint. Still hoping for Shinwon to get extra lines

* A'GUST D - Suga/Min Yoongi ~ Yoongi's first and overdue mixtape. It was worth the wait though. He spits fire and does not hold back

Songs of 2016 which got my nod

* From Now On (从此以后) [LINK] - Kris Wu Yifan ~ aside from English track July being a catchy tune, this Mandopop ballad certainly hits my emo buttons. I truthfully prefer him singing ballads but I imagine Wu Yifan will take it slow with venturing to other kinds of songs that will be jumpier on the lines of Bad Girl. Still hoping he'll unleash his inner metal head - just to vary the genres and hopefully he'll be able to shine on stage more confidently, battling nerves to fight off critics

* Monster - EXO [KOR / Chinese dance version ]~ EX'ACT was a good album and there were some jams from start to finish. However this other title track was on repeat for some time.

* Fanfare - SF9 [LINK] ~ super catchy chorus from a new boy group who debuted around the same time as PENTAGON

Comments