[ALBUM REVIEW] The Most Beautiful Moment In Life: Young Forever - BTS


The trilogy to the Most Beautiful Moment In Life draws to a close with Bangtan Sonyeondan's latest album.



This will be a quick review as a lot of the songs have been featured on the previous mini albums. Hwa Yang Yeon Hwa part 1 can be read here. Hwa Yang Yeon Hwa part 2 can be read here.

In some way, this is a compilation album of the Hwa Yang Yeon Hwa saga, along with three new songs and remixes of previous tracks. The new songs include the epilogue track on the first disk called "Young Forever" , fierce title track "Fire" and "Save Me". There are remixes of I NEED U, Run and Butterfly. What's a huge delight with this compilation album is the the prologue mix of "Butterfly" plus the extended version of "Love Is Not Over" and "House Of Cards." Both these songs were undoubtedly the highlight of my HYYH listening as they let Vocal Line show what they're made of and the prologue mix of Butterfly was breathtaking that I was originally disappointed that it didn't land itself on the albums at all. Thankfully it made its appearance on the Young Forever album.

The first verses in Young Forever is a tug to the heart as it fittingly describes the end of a performance and how you wonder whether the audience liked it or whether you as the performer made mistakes throughout. The song's content is self-explanatory as it does talk about wanting to keep chasing your dream and feeling young forever. No matter how much you fall, you still pursue your dream.

Fire is definitely a follow-up to Dope in terms of choreography and song style (and how fitting that it was the same choreographer for both these songs). While there is no specific story, "Fire" is a potential party track that'll get everyone crazy in the pit and encouraging everyone to quite literally burn/let go. I can imagine the ARMYs in the standing area just letting go of their emotions as they listen to this song. Kudos to Keone Madrid for the choreography. Check out the dance version of this MV here.

"Save Me" is a sweet dance track. The lines Give me your hand save me save me. I need your love before I fall, fall really says it all. I also rather like Namjoon's rap part which talks about how they are thankful for the person for letting them be themselves, helping them fly...in other words a lot of positive feelings they never had to begin with. Honestly if I found a kindred spirit/spirit animal who gave me this kind of aura I wouldn't want to let that person go either.

This saga has been a wonderful journey and I think Young Forever is a perfect way to close this chapter. I cried, I smiled, I swooned, I let loose when I had the freedom...each album gave me these emotions. While I did not 100% familiarise myself with each member from predebut and the very essence of their debut era -having gotten into their music rather late in 2014- I am grateful to have sat down and listen to what this group offered over the past year.

What will Bangtan Sonyeondan bring in their next albums? We shall see.

Comments