Super Junior song recommendations

Who said Kpop was just PSY's Gangnam Style? Who said Kpop was nothing more than a comedic performance? There's more to it than just comedy. Embrace the power of the Hallyu Wave.

Why not start with the artists of SMTOWN? Or perhaps one of SMTOWN's hottest creations...Super Junior? Especially with their London debut just round the corner.

Super Junior has so many members, if not many sub-groups and are incredibly famous all across Asia. It's almost impossible to help you memorise who is who in one post. So why not just go with some song recommendations and you can work your way from there?


**Promotional poster for SS5/Super Show 5 world tour**

This huge boy group have perhaps experimented all kinds of genres in the past and present. Most of their tracks are either very catchy, very dance-like or incredibly slow with some romance or emotional ballads. Take your pick really.

The songs which cling to my mind when I think of the magic of Super Junior are as follows:-

My All Is In You

A rather sad song talking about a break up.



Sorry Sorry

The first song that got me into Super Junior. I had originally been avoiding this band mainly because the huge number of members in the group intimidated me. I was too accustomed to my "Western" belief of a quintet being the ideal number for a boy group. Super Junior definitely changed my mind.



Don't Don

One of the few rock tracks from their discography. I think the fast violin tune compliments the song's main beat incredibly well.



Perfection

A catchy dance track combining the Super Junior M sub group which has the additional members of two talented ethnically Chinese singers, Canadian Henry Lau and Hubei-born Zhou Mi



Mr Simple

I actually tried to learn the choreography to this dance song, particularly when it got to the chorus. I think my right arm gave way after a while.



A-CHA

I'm a sucker for hot guitar riffs. This is mostly a dance track but wow there's a brief guitar sound in this track that just makes this song funkier.



So there you have it, readers. These are a few songs I'd recommend if you want to give Super Junior a try.

Comments